7 posts tagged internet
I HAVE NOT ABANDONED YOU. I HAVE BEEN STRANDED WITHOUT INTERNET IN MY HOME FOR FIVE DAYS NOW AND IT WILL NOT BE FIXED UNTIL THURSDAY THANKS TO VERIZON (of whom I am quite fond) BUT REST ASSURED I LOVE YOU DO NOT FRET
In the mean time! If Kitten Vomit and Data kitty are not enough for you! There is my Pinterest! And Twitter! There is also the basically mindblowing Gaultier FW11 couture show which isn’t particularly brilliant in any way I can explain other than that I am still drooling over it and which makes me feel like some weird little kid fantasizing about like, riding a pumpkin carriage or a spaceship or something something to go to an anachronistic masked alien ball with amazing time period references all over the place and also gloves that are also a cape with one giant black feather earring like maybe it’s Labyrinth and Ever After (which is on Netflix instant and you should watch again becuase I did recently and it was even more delightful that the last 18 times I saw it as a child/tween/teen) but also like Sherlock Homes and the Christmas party in The Dead by James Joyce and like some Hitchcock or something too ALL AT THE SAME TIME amirite?
more: because my friends all have wicked style, and because obviously x-pro’ing the hell out of every last grainy, uber-wide-angle image needs to make a comeback along with all of the hair clips, manic panic, creepers, scrunchies, and temp tats
A COMPREHENSIVE CATALOG OF THE (HIGHLY INTELLECTUAL) FEELINGS I WAS HAVING UPON VIEWING KREAYSHAWN’S “GUCCI GUCCI” VIDEO FOR THE FIRST TIME.
2. I want to hate this. Maybe I want to have Intelligent Feelings About Things I Could Find Wrong Or Stupid About This? I should be offended by this shouldn’t I, I should not like this. This is probably Not Okay.
3. ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE HAIRCUTS. I totally had that asymmetrical half-bob-half-pixie thing in 2008.
4. Actually, I’m just going to be over it. Internet vomit. Didn’t someone say this looked like Tumblr made a music video? It looks like Tumblr made a music video.
5. Gucci Gucci Louis Louis Fendi Fendi Praaaaada
6. Serious alternative lifestyle haircuts, again. I kind of miss short hair? No I don’t. Yes I do. No I don’t. Yes I do.
7. "Basic bitches," kind of brilliant.
8. Okay. This low-slung baggy-ish-but-still-slim light denim jeans with a crop top thing I NEED THIS I NEED THIS ALWAYS
9. God, I really want to hate this.
10. I really want Lil Debbie’s glasses. Like really want them, and like yesterday. Also that dark lipstick. What colour is this.
11. Nosering connected to earring? Yes please.
12. This is just so uncomfortable. But it’s funny. But it’s terrible. But it’s so good.
13. I really, really want to hate this.
14. I think I like this. Like maybe even non-ironically. Like I might actually think this is cool.
15. Is this so-bad-it’s-good, or just bad, or just good?
16. But it’s so last-week, isn’t it? I’m so behind on keeping up with my internet music meme trends. Whatever it was my birthday I wasn’t paying attention.
17. Basic bitches wear that shit so I don’t even boooother SO GOOD, THAT HOOK IS SO GOOD
19. Why are all white people now trying to dress like black people dressed 20 years ago, should I be having more #appropriationfieldday Feelings right now
20. I still want those jeans
21. This is really catchy
22. I DON’T WANT TO LIKE THIS
23. I wonder if Sarah ever got one of those 80s Gucci sweatshirts we were stalking all over the internet, if she didn’t maybe I can now
24. I think I like this
25. Also: If this is what dykes (correct me if I’m wrong on this, o internet, but I’m pretty damn sure) on the West coast are doing, New York, we need to step it up, like RTFN.
Let’s just leave it at that this was the best 35 minutes of reading I had so far today: Moe Tkacik discussing at great length everything from the economy, American Apparel, Gawker Media and Jezebel and that Redbook cover that put Jezebel on my (and probably your) daily radar to begin with, that whole Emily Gould scandal, personal vs private, journalism vs branding/advertising, The Wall Street Journal, personal psychology of being a writer/journalist/blogger in this day and age, New York and microfame, the effect of the internet on journalism, thing which are tangentially related to about 18 conversations I’ve had about these things in the past two weeks, and a lot of crap which probably interacts with why I’m sitting here keeping a fashion blog laughing sarcastically at any lofty/naieve/stupid writerly/arty childhood dreams I had and breaking down over journalism vs photojournalism vs art photography vs fashion photography vs fashion media vs “real media” vs offensively targeted “women’s media” vs my rusting English major vs this sentence isn’t even making sense anymore but basically it was a great read.
I’m such a huge history/internet/library dork that I think this is the greatest thing ever. It’s got tons of historical prints, photographs, manuscripts, and even some sound and video recordings, contributed by libraries from around the world. Some of this was online already (like stuff from the Library of Congress Digital Collections), but WDL brings these diverse collections together in an easily searchable and easy-to-view (check out that zoom!) format. Favs: Belgium as Lion, 1912 NYC Suffrage Parade, Layla - 1923 Iraq Women’s Magazine, Havana Street, 1900, 19th Century Tibetan Atlas of the World. I’ll stop now.
i sort of momentarily hated myself for snickering at this, and then continued snickering. especially at the user’s name being ‘conference call mute button.’ and at oversized headphones.